Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Surfers and snow!

An unusual combination of running along in zero degree temperatures and coming across a load of surfers enjoying the winter surf! I thought I was mad running along the beach path but after going 5km I came across the winter surfers.

I enjoyed a good 10km trot yesterday and had one of those lovely runs where I wanted to keep going for ever but in the end my hamstring decided 10kms was enough, especially as I just building back up again.

We're off to Barcelona tomorrow and I'm hoping it will be a little bit warmer... please!

3 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Not as warm as Canberra! 34-bloody-C!

Say 'si' if Manuel asks you to go for a run - but stop at 10k.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I used to surf and I can tell you the water temperature is usually much warmer than on the beach, and besides when it gets too cold you can just piss in your wetsuit to warm yourself up.

Enjoy Spain, Daneil says it's the best place his ever been!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Happy New Year. Glad to hear that your running is going well and hope the injuries stay away. Enjoy Spain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home