Monday, July 11, 2005

Resting, stretching

Slept in really late this morning.. won't say how late in case Mr Lulu is reading! I've pulled up quite well from yesterday's adventure but have decided on a four session week this week as I was getting a few niggles. Consequently I've spent the day working at home and doing some stretching on and off. Tried out the rolling pin on my ITBs and that seems to have eased the sore hip on the left so I think that will be part of my routine for a while. Icing of foot and achilles appears to have paid off as they are feeling fine today.

So the plan this week will be:

Cross training and pilates tomorrow
Weds Track 5 x 600m Pilates
Thursday easy 50 mins
Fri Fartlek Pilates
Sat Walk
Sunday 90 mins

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I can vouch for the rolling pin method on the ITB - killer stuff but it is effective. Suffered from really bad chronically inflamed ITB for about 8months last year - not a lot of fun.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger silverfox said...

Lulu

Be very vigilant with your stretching and you will be surprised at how much of a difference it makes. Before and after running, at least 2 minutes both sides, make it part of your routine and you should see a difference. Sore hips are a bugger but ITB is very painful , you just dont want to go there.

Good luck with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home