Monday, July 04, 2005

Hill Repeats with Henry Lawson

Another beautiful day in Sydney this morning. I had some work that needed to be passed to a work associate so I did that first thing and then headed out at about 10. Sean has hill repeats on my programme for Monday's session which is what I would do if I were training with him 3 days a week. As I only do Weds and Fri at the moment I decided to do my own version.

I did a good 20 min warm up jog down to Clovelly and up the coast path to the cemetery. My hammies and glutes were still a bit stiff from Saturday so I stretched everything out before tackling a hill in the middle of the cemetery. I haven't done this hill for ages and I didn't know how it was going to go so I decided to do at least 5 repeats and see how I felt. The hill is a nice incline, not too steep, and I stopped at the marker for Henry Lawson's grave, which would be a couple of hundred metres or thereabouts. The first one went surprisingly easily so I ended up doing 8 reps. I focused on staying tall and driving up the hill. I now have a couple of ways to build this session, more reps, faster reps (didn't time these ones, so will next time), shorter recoveries and going further up the hill.

Very inspired by the stories from the GC marathon festival and feel very energetic today. Taking it easy yesterday seems to have been the right strategy, not that I had much choice in the matter!

Plan this week as follows:
Tues Pilates
Weds SWEAT and Pilates mat
Thursday 30 mins easy and a swim
Friday SWEAT and Pilates
Saturday Rest/Walk
Sunday 90 mins easy

If I manage all that I'll be very happy!

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger CJ said...

What! Not 20 hill repeats!! Very sensible actually and probably a lot more enjoyable than my hill session last Monday. I've been reading some of CR reports coming through on GC events - very inspiring.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Sounds like a nice location for hill reps Lulu. Perhaps not much fun in the dark !

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger R2B said...

hi lulu, your obviously making progress so well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home