Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Another day, another run..

Had hard time dragging myself out of bed this morning but finally managed to get up at 6.30, mainly because the garbage men were making so much noise doing their council pick-up that it was pointless staying in bed! I don't like these damp cold mornings much and find it much easier to get up early when it's nice and sunny, even if it's cold.

I did a short 40 mins again today heading down to Centennial Park and back around Queens Park and home down Bronte Rd. That's a tough hill on the North side of Queens Park but I plodded up most of it OK, only walking the last few metres as my hip was starting to feel the strain. Lots of stretching when I got home and the hip is holding up well.

I did Pilates yesterday and we did some glute work and I think that also puts a bit of strain on the hip so I made sure I stretched it out afterwards. It's definately not getting any worse but I'm not sure it's improving much either. I think I'll make another trip to for more massage later in the week. I'm planning to go to SWEAT tomorrow for interval training so we'll see how it holds up to that.

Another run for Mr Lulu who is gradually increasing the number of runs and the distance. Maybe I can persuade him to run with me at the weekend as he can't run that fast at the moment and so might be quite happy plodding along with his wifey!

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I'm with you on the damp cold mornings - I don't much like them either, and I will be getting up at 5am tomorrow to fit a 70min run in before work. Take it easy at interval training - don't want to aggravate that pesky hip too much. Massage sounds great - might get one myself! :-)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger miners said...

Hang on - what's this about not liking damp cold mornings coming from an ex-pommy? You should feel right at home ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home