Friday, July 01, 2005

The Park Chase

Given yesterday's lovely rainy weather I was rather pleased to be on a rest day. I went to Pilates after work and just went easy on the glute workout. I just want to gently strengthen without causing them to seize up again. My hip felt the best it had for weeks yesterday which was quite a surprise considering the intervals training from Weds.

Today was SWEAT fartlek around the Centennial Park. It was me and a group of grey hound like blokes this morning and I spent the session in hot pursuit.. I'm supposed to have given up chasing men at my age.. not to mention my married state!

There were times when they were no longer in sight and Sean had us doing lots of long surges of a km or more.. well that's what it felt like at the back, perhaps they were doing shorter ones and resting before coming back to round me up. At times like these it's always good to remind myself that a year ago just running around the outside of the park was considered an achievement!

Just when I thought it was all over Sean announced that we weren't stopping when we got back to the start but we went through the middle of the park and around the white fence back to the start.. just for that little extra!

Fortunately fellow CRs Don Juan and Royworlds kept me company during some of the jogging sections and I much appreciated their company.. thanks guys.

I'll be off to the gym later for some Pilates and some more stretching, nothing too strenuous as I'll be doing my girlfriend's circuit training class tomorrow and 80 mins on Sunday.

Sean wants me to try and stick to his programme next week which means running on five days so we'll see how that works. Should be OK now the hip seems to be recovering and my shins don't appear to be suffering..

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Sounds like quite a workout this morning - chasing men can be hard work (especially when they're so fast!!!!!) Fingers crossed your hip problem has settled down :-) Also sounds like its just you and me not going to the GC - might have to pencil it in for next year!!! Hate being left out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home