Friday, July 08, 2005

SWEATing around the park

When the alarm went off this morning I really didn't want to get up, but forced myself out of bed as I knew I'd feel worse if I stayed in bed. Headed down to the park for the Fartlek session and it took me a while to get warmed up this morning and I felt a bit nauseous after a couple of the surges. By half way around though I was feeling pretty good and this session definately doesn't seem as hard as it did the first time. I had some company at the back this week as the newest member of SWEAT was running with me for most of the time. She found that extra couple of surges through the middle of the park a bit tough and this is where I have an advantage as I do have pretty good endurance, just not much speed!

Hips held up but I am a bit worried that my PF and Achilles niggles are re-surfacing. Ill keep doing lots of stretching and tomorrow is a rest day so we'll see how they recover for Sunday. If they don't appear to be getting better I'll have to head off to the physio and see what he says. They're not bad, just annoying and I don't want them to get any worse.

Very shocked about the news of the bombings in London, especially after the good news the day before. Having lived there during the IRA attacks I know that everyone will be relatively calm but this is much worse than the IRA attacks as they didn't deliberately target large numbers of civilians. I wasn't able to get in touch with anyone last night so had to settle for sending everyone emails and I hope to get news back later on tonight. At the moment I'm working on the principle that no news is good news.

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Shocking news about the bombings. Have some friends overseas at the moment but fortunately none of them were in London. Very sacry stuff.
No running for me today - a swim before work, a lovely lunch with friends and then off to the hairdressers later this afternoon.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Aki said...

I hope the body holds up. Sounds like a good session though.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

chardonnay is good for injuries

 

Post a Comment

<< Home