Thursday, March 12, 2009

Better late than never

Thanks to the lovely Owl for the prod to update.. here I am a bit late and I'll have to update again in a few days.

Last week wasn't my finest training hour! I had a couple of days when I felt too tired to do anything and then I had a headache. I did manage one cross training session and 2 runs but that's not going to get me very fit!

The runs were good runs though with one interval session of 5 x400s on Tuesday - all around 2.05 pace and then I did 8 km at 6.10 pace down in Canberra on Sunday. We spent a lovely couple of hours drinking coffee and catching up with CJ, Ewen, Strewth and some other runners after Mr lulu's race which was great; it had been far too long since we'd seen the Canberra Crew!

We were down in Canberra so Mr lulu could do the Weston Creek Half which he did in fine style in 87 mins and 1 second. He does like to add on the odd second or 10 to his target time! On that basis and advice from Coach Sean he has decided not to do the Canberra Marathon but instead to do the Gold Coast as it gives him a few more weeks prep and he doesn't want a repeat of last year's 10 seconds over 3 hours.

So, that means that I'm now officially in training for the Gold Coast 10km which probably gives me something to really focus on and is a bit more motivating than the 5km I was planning to do at Canberra.

So that's last week; so far this week training has been good and I'll update that on Sunday!

4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hope next week is better than the last!

xx

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Oh no - does that mean we won't see you next month? It was great catching up and you're right, its been far too long.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

It's been a few days ;) Good to catch up when you were down here.

You did well with those 400s. Also the 8k.

Gold Coast is a good 10k course. More PBish than Canberra. See you both there. I haven't decided which race to run yet - either the 10k or the half.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

Glad to hear GC is on the agenda!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home