Sunday, March 01, 2009

Pfffffffff

Yes, that's the sounds of me blowing the dust of the old blog! I'm not sure where the last 6 weeks have gone but I'm back now and my March resolution is to update once a week. That should be manageable!

The last few weeks I've started back on the FIRST programme of 3 runs and 2 cross training sessions. I'm doing a 5km programme at the moment with the intention of running the 5km at the Canberra marathon weekend.

Last weekend we went to Sean's training camp down near Sussex Inlet and I did one session each whilst Mr lulu ran most of the weekend it seemed!

I did a very pleasant tempo run on the beach on the Saturday with about 2.7 km at just on 6 min pace in the middle. On Sunday we did our long runs in the bush on a nice dirt track. I was at the back of the pack and the pack quickly disappeared as they were mainly Sean's elite squad with a few of the morning squad in the middle. The trail was slightly uphill all the way out and so made for a lovely return! 9km.

This week I have been a bit of a slacker though, with only a couple of gym sessions and one run of about 5km, until today. I met Tiger in the week to for an assessment of my running style and the feedback as good; looking a lot stronger and my glutes appear to be working.. at least all the strength stuff appears to be working!

Today I headed out for a 10km run around Centennial Park. A bit warm but pretty enjoyable; good music, nice paths and I felt pretty comfortable for most of it; av pace 6.23.

We'll be down in Canberra next weekend as Steve's doing the half marathon so I'll try and organise a coffee or something with the Canberrites!

6 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Yay Lulu - welcome back. I'll be at the Half too so hope to see you and coffee definitely sounds good!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi Lulu

I tried emailing you but had no luck - kept saying there was an error. Anyway I'm all for coffee (no surprises there!) next week when you're down so let me know the time and place and I'll be there!!!!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Cough, cough. That's me choking in the dust from your blog ;)

Yes, I'm up for coffee. I probably won't be running, but could be there for the finish and coffee. I think it's a new course.

Well done on resuming training. I'm thinking about the 5k, but may have to mortgage the house to pay for the entry fee.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that your training has been going well - and that you've dusted off the blog!

I've been thinking of dragging ET out for an assessment too (once I'm running again of course!)

Best of luck to Steve for next weekend. Hope to see you both soon

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Nice to hear from you gain Lulu. Blogging again will help you with your training as we can keep an eye on you and hold your feet to the fire, so to speak.

All the best for your coming races, Mr. lulu too.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ahem...a week's up now! Another update please!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home