Monday, July 18, 2005

Birthday Girl Garmin

Further proof that Mr Lulu is in fact the best husband in the world was provided today. My birthday cup of tea was provided in bed along with my birthday present.. the Garmin Forerunner 201. This was a great surprise as earlier hints at this being a good present had gained the response "sorry I've already bought your present." So after lazing in bed reading the manual and getting it all set up I headed out for a test run.

I decided to do the two beaches run again so I could run up Bronte Hill. Great to have instant feedback on your pace as you're going along and it definately stops me slacking off too much! It also shows the depressing truth that I run very slowly up hills!

So today's run was:
37.mins 48 secs
Distance: 5.74kms
Av pace: 6.35/km
Cals 435 ( at least one slice of birthday cake)
Best pace 3.45/km ( must have been for one nano second going downhill as it seems unlikely I can move that fast!)

I'm sure in the little Garmin is some more very interesting information but I haven't time to explore all the options but we can expect to see some interesting maps and the like appearing in the blog in the near future.

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger allrounder said...

happy birthday! what a cool present too - you have a sneaky husband!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Lulu,
Happy birthday to you.

What a cool hubby you have - not to mention a very cool new toy !!

J

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Happy happy birthday!! And aren't you a happy little CR - you lucky thing, getting a Garmin for your birthday! I am so jealous! Have a great day.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger miners said...

so you ARE having a good birthday!! I so want a garmin it's not funny :(

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a present....I mean tea in bed as well as a Garmin! Happy birthday, Lulu! Bronte hill...now tha't what I'd call a mountain! Thanks for your kind offer night before C2S, Lulu; but I always come up on a special coach of other runners on Sunday morning early, lunch included at the Charing Cross hotel, & then back home by about 6:30pm.

Hope to see you somewhere along the course!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

That Garmin sounds like heaps of fun. I do love a gadget :) Here's to happy runs for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home