Friday, July 15, 2005

More hills!

Sean is getting us all ready for the City to Surf now and so introduced a new devilish session this morning. I was expecting the usual park Fartlek session which I was beginning to enjoy, but Sean had other plans.. evil plans I call them. This time he decided we would do a hill fartlek session. Consequently we went off in search of all the hills in Centennial Park plus one hill outside in BJ. We joggged in between hills and then surged up them. I don't know how many hills we did but it seemed like quite a few. I knew I was in trouble on the hill outside the park when I saw it had a warning sign "Steep Grade" on it.. oh goodie I thought. Needless to say I gave the rest of the group a good workout this time as they had to run back down the hills to find me in the distance and then back up them again. I'm sure they loved me this morning! There was a really big group this morning and they all seemed to be fast.. I can't even keep up with them when they are "jogging". Needed all my positive thoughts this morning to stop myself calling it quits and going home with my tail between my legs. It appears that this is going to be the new session for Friday mornings so i had better get used to it.. onwards and upwards.

5 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Stay positive Lulu - YOU CAN DO IT. I have faith in you. Stay wrong and one day in the not too distant future, you will be leading the pack ! J

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Don't let the fast runners get to you Lulu - you are just as important. Hey, at least you're out there doing it so don't give in!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lulu, don't even think of going home with your tail between your legs! When you go home hold your head up high & be proud of what you are doing & don't worry about whether others are faster or not; imagine how I'd feel if I let that get to me...the Chickybabe blogger who can't even run out of sight on a dark night!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Ooh that sounds like a tough workout - well done!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I know how you feel Lulu - the young runners in our group are always coming back for the slow old wombat. This helps us all... they get to run further and we get to run harder trying to keep up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home