Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Signs of improvement

It was very tempting to stay in bed this morning, especially when I heard the rain on the roof but I managed to drag myself out of bed and head to Centennial Park for a SWEAT track session. My programme had me on 5 x600 with 1.45 rests this morning.

We did a couple of warm up laps of the oval and then did some drills and then I headed off to the 200m mark to start off, as the others were doing 800's. .. lucky them!

Although my intervals were still slow they were at least more consistent and there was a big improvement over the last time I did these, 2 weeks ago. My times were : 3.14, 3.12, 3.15, 3.16, 3.16. Last time my times varied wildly from 3.09 to 3.45 so in comparison things are looking up! Sean told me to go for under 3 mins in the last one and was encouraging me all the way around and the first 200 were quicker than before but I lost the plot in the middle 200 when I started feeling sick! At least I picked it up again towards the end and didn't end up going any slower. Definately good to see times going down and hopefully this trend will continue.

Got home and did lots of stretching and will go to Pilates again this evening. My plan to do cross training and pilates was disrupted by work but at least I did a Pilates class but no cross training, oh well 1 out of 2 ain't bad and I'll be running again tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're doing well, Lulu! Better than I am right now, but have done 3 days of easy 20minutes jogging...big deal! But the legs demand some rest. Thank you for your comments on my blog after GC marathon...sure encourages me to get back out there instead of lying in my warm bed these cold mornings!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Have to admit that I succumbed to staying home tonight, in a warm house, rather than go swimming. Now to make that hot chocolate and settle in front of the TV - see, I'm not even feeling guilty!!!!!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a tough but great session Lulu. It was lovely to meet you at drinks on Friday night. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. J

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger miners said...

That's showing instant improvement if you can generally keep to a steady pace like that Lulu - you should feel really happy about that.

Best of luck with your C2S training (& hope you won't be too disappointed about my absence from the Bondi brekky)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home