Sunday, July 17, 2005

A change of scene

We stayed with Mr Lulu's mum last night and so this morning's long run was done in and around the south western suburbs of Revesby and Panania, revisiting scenes from Mr Lulu's youth!

We set off and headed out from Revesby towards the Georges River, down Henry Lawson Dr. and then followed the river around either on the path or the road. I had no idea where I was for most of the run which was actually quite refreshing. I just had to keep an eye on Mr Lulu in the distance and concentrate on running. Apparently we went through Picnic Point and then back through Panania to Revesby, in a long loop. I was concentrating on my form for this run making sure my glutes were both working and keeping my core strong. This definately seemed to stop my hip niggles from appearing too soon in the run. In all we did 90mins and I have no idea on distance but probably 13-14 km or there abouts.

I did start feeling really tired after 60 mins so I actually tried to pick up the pace and run through it and that definately helped for the next 15 mins or so and then we just had one final hill up Horsley Rd to finish.

Feeling a lot better today, thanks for all the encouraging comments, it certainly helped and I'm back on track again now and looking forward to another week of training. I'm planning on doing a 5 day training week this week so I'll be out to tackle the beaches again in the morning.. let's hope it's a nice day as it will be my birthday!

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger miners said...

Glad to see that things are starting to feel a little better with the hip Lulu.

... and happy birthday for Monday

:)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Happy birthday for tomorrow Lulu! See you on Sunday. J

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Happy birthday for Monday - hope you have a lovely day! The twins had a great birthday today -I can't believe they're 23!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home