Sunday, March 22, 2009

More like it

This week has been a good week; good lulu is back in charge and has had the co-operation of the lulubody and so all my planned training sessions were completed... about time!

After Tuesday's interval sessions my hamstring was a bit tight again but nothing that Tiger couldn't fix; since then it has been behaving quite well.

Weds evening I did 40 mins cardio and a bit of strength at the gym and then it was up at 5am the next morning to do my tempo run before meeting Ellie for breakfast. 2km warm-up, 3.5 at 6.05 pace and then 1.5km cool down was on my programme. The first few kms were a bit quicker and the last 1.5 a bit slower but the average would have been about right. Nearly got knocked over by a pack of blokes running in the park, taking up the whole path in the dark and running in the opposite direction from me. I had to take evasive action and nearly fell over in the process.

Friday I met Will the trainer for an hour of torture which is definitely paying off as I feel like I'm getting a lot stronger but without building too much muscle bulk.

Saturday was an hour with the crazy ab lady followed by 50 mins cardio and some weights at the gym.

And today was 12 km run with the Owl. It's been far too long since we ran together and we had a great time chatting all the way for 6kms out along the Cook's river and then all the way back again. I haven't run further than 10km all year so was prepared to have to stop before the 12kms was up but managed to keep going and even felt I could have done more.. .must have been the fine company.

We topped off the morning by collecting Mr lulu and Ellie and heading down to Bronte Beach for a dip and breakfast.

It feels good to have done a solid week's training and to have some energy; let's hope it continues for the next few weeks.

5 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger strewth said...

That sounds like a lovely week, especially the dip and brekkie. Good luck with the next week's training.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Go good Lulu! Well done with the intervals and 12k. Bronte sounds much more inviting than the Molonglo River.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jen said...

A great week of training Lulu - well done!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

A great week and spring helps a lot to run. This is the best season, full of running events (in Italy).
I tried many times to comment your blog but I can only read "profile not available".
Today I am lucky!!!!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Lulu, sounds like things are going well for you. That PB sounds pretty realistic with some of the times you are running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home