Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Creaking

Since my last post my body has been creaking a bit; Easy Tiger is away and I always try and break myself when he's not there to fix it.

The week following the race I did hill sprints on the Tuesday and some fartlek on the Thurs. On the Thurs I had a bit of back and glute twinging but managed to keep on going for the rest of the week and did 13 km on Sunday at a good pace.

Then it was off to Brisbane for a few days and my run along the river there ended with a very sore glute. I took a few days off and then tried a short run on Saturday and it felt a bit better.

Since then I've been doing a lot of strength and stretching and did a Spin class tonight and actually feel a lot better so I'm going to try a short run in the morning. I've made an appt with Brad the physio on the Friday so hoping he will throw some light on it and keep me on the road. Tiger is back next week too so between them I'm sure they'll keep me going. I really don't want another phase of being off the road just when I feel like I'm making progress. Fingers crossed !

6 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I know the feeling Lulu. Hang in there; Tigger will be back soon !

xx

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Don't worry - I can fix that. I have a can of WD-40 in the Toyota - it's just the thing for creaking.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I'll put in a word to Zeus or one of the other "Creak Gods" for you Lulu ;)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

And as I am "roman" I'll put in a word to Giove!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Um, just in case you missed it, it's Sunday Lulu ;-)

xx

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

How are you? Where are you? Please come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home